Follow Your Heart to Say “Yes” to Life | An Interview with Kamal Ravikant
Are you connected with your purpose on a soul level? Are the things you are holding on to, that are robbing you of your ability to say “yes” to life? Today’s conversation with Kamal Ravikant takes a deep dive into forgiveness and following your heart.
Many times, business is all about the processes and the results and the heart gets overlooked. We may even keep ourselves busy with business goals and achievements so that we don’t have to deal with matters of the heart. Kamal’s new book uses a fascinating fable to share specific steps for forgiveness, including forgiveness of yourself! Embracing that forgiveness will allow you to follow your heart.
Kamal Ravikant has been fortunate enough to have some amazing experiences in his life so far. He’s trekked to one of the highest base camps in the Himalayas, meditated with Tibetan monks in the Dalai Lama’s monastery, earned his US Army Infantry patch, walked 550 miles across Spain, lived in Paris, been the only non-black, non-woman member of the Black Women’s writers’ group, written several bestsellers, held the hands of dying patients, and worked with some of the best people in Silicon Valley. But his most transformative experience has been the simple act of loving himself.
In today’s episode we learn:
- How struggles and pain are working to teach us and cause growth in our lives.
- Why forgiveness can free you and allow you to follow your heart.
- The fable of Rebirth could be the true story of any of us, and the lessons learned are real.
Listen to our Podcasts on iTunes:
Or you can watch the video on Youtube here:
- How Kamal’s background set the stage for his book
- How he got into the startup culture of Silicon Valley with no prior experience
- Rejection letters helped shape Kamal as a writer – the best gift he could have gotten
- Why his first self-published book was successful after 10 years of rejections
- Rebirth is life altering and mind expanding….find out why
- How Kamal’s own pilgrimage to India after his Father’s death relates to the book
- A non-religious pilgrimage that changes lives
- The 3 stages of a relationship and how it helps our perspective
- Soft skills like forgiveness and loving yourself are hard to formulate a process for success, but Rebirth spells it out
- If you loved yourself, what would you do?
- What is the societal obligation trap?
- Kamal’s 8-minute meditation hack
- What Kamal wants for his future and how children play into his vision
If you enjoyed this episode you will also enjoy these blogs below:
Chapter 2: The Trap by Ed O’Keefe Life is full of traps. The worst traps are those you don’t see or recognize that you’ve fallen into. So many of us are searching for the rules and tools to succeed but the rules themselves are the traps.
Why Would Anyone Pay Tony Robbins $1,000,000 For One on One Coaching If you have been around success, motivation, NLP, and/or his latest book: “Mastering the Game Of Money!”, then you know who Tony Robbins is. Years ago, I attended his Fire walk experience at Unleash the Power Within, and attended a few of his Robbins Mastery events.
Ready Fire Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat Book Review! In this episode, you’re going to get some of the best nuggets I took out of his book. This book is definitely worth reading and is really a blue print for anyone who is looking to seriously grow a business from scratch or if you are at the million to 10 million dollar range looking to bring it up to the next level, you will get to hear some insights from a proven pro.