The world is filled with dangerous people—so how are you going to protect yourself? Does violence make you uncomfortable? Are you willing to take easy steps to change that mindset? This week, our guest is Tim Larkin, who is an expert on violence. Through research and self-discipline, Tim has developed a system that is changing and saving lives.
After a 25-year career in the Military as a trainer for Special Ops, Tim Larkin decided to develop Target Focus Center, a practical program for teaching self-defense through physics and physiology. Tim has also just released his book on his study of violence, When Violence Is The Answer. His system can be learned rapidly, and it is an excellent and practical tool for anyone concerned with their personal safety. Tim approaches the concept of violence with knowledge, practicality, and realism.
In today’s episode we learn:
- Why violence really is the answer in an a-social situation.
- How to determine the difference between a-social and social situations.
- The physiology and psychology of violence and how you can protect yourself.
[Tweet ““When your life is on the line, you must incapacitate the human body so it’s not a threat.” – @tfttimlarkin”]
Listen to our Podcasts on iTunes:
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/edokeefeshow/Tim_Larkin_Edited.mp3″ ]
Or you can watch the video on Youtube here:
Tim’s Website: www.timlarkin.com
Tim’s Book: When Violence Is the Answer
Get Ed’s Book: Time Collapsing
This episode is sponsored by Know Foods – the best source for grain, gluten, wheat, soy, dairy & guilt-free foods!
- Tim shares how he learned to fight both “in the ring” and out of it.
- How we can turn injuries and weaknesses into sources of strength.
- Tim’s system is based on research in human physiology.
- The tool of violence has appropriate uses.
- Scenario-based training teaches you the skills you need when violence is unavoidable.
- Learn the difference between social and asocial scenarios.
- There are inherent difficulties in studying the a-social situations.
- Understand the benefits of training slow.
- Tim recounts his moments of success using his system.
- Know when to teach your kids about the dangers that are here in the world.
If you enjoyed this episode you will also enjoy these blogs below:
Lewis Howes: High-Level Athlete, Entrepreneur, & a New York Times Best Seller In this interview Lewis shares an amazing story of how he went from a high-level athlete to a career ending injury which made him go on the path of entrepreneurship. Nowadays Lewis teaches phenomenal courses at Lewishowes.com where he holds webinars on how to hold webinars for your business, and how to build the life that you want.
Interview with Retired Navy SEAL David Goggins Might Just Be The Fittest, Toughest, and Most Inspiring Man on Earth David went from weighing over 300 pounds to becoming the 36th African American to become a Navy SEAL in the history of the program.Tune in to hear David’s inspiring story of fighting through suffering, of overcoming obstacles, and finding a whole new level of himself.
Living With Seal! 31 Days Living With The Toughest Man On The Planet | with Jesse Itzler of Marquis jets, Zico Coconut Water, & Atlanta Hawks Have you ever done something totally crazy? Something that stretched your imagination, challenged your expectations, and pushed you to physical lengths you never thought possible?Jesse Itzler did all those things, and he joins us today to talk about the wild ride of hiring a real-deal, bad-to-the-bone navy seal to whip him into a kind of physical and emotional shape he could never have predicted for himself.